Sheet masks = 100% worth the hype
If you haven’t heard of sheet masks yet (and posted numerous selfies in one), where have you been?! The biggest skincare trend of recent years, sheet masks are like a drink for your face. Pumped with nutrients and active ingredients, the sheet holds the good stuff on your skin so more of it soaks in, leaving you with the kind of plump, moisturised complexion, that any Hadid would be happy to be seen with.
From activated charcoal formulations to warming gold masks and detoxifying products that bubble while they cleanse, BeautyPro are at the forefront of the sheet mask revolution in the UK. Their cult products have won multiple industry awards and are in the pipeline for more this year.
How to get the most out of your sheet mask
It might seem pretty straightforward to apply a sheet mask – you open the packet, unfold it and carefully apply it to your face, right? Well, yes, but there are tiny adjustments you could make to your routine, to make sure you’re getting the absolute best out of your mask.
- Prep your skin properly. A full face of make-up is not where you want to begin people. Cleanse, tone and then let the mask do its work.
- Follow the instructions. It might sound obvious, but you’d be amazed how many of us just rip into the packet and slap on the mask without looking twice at the key info. Ask before you mask.
- Make sure the mask hugs your face properly. It should stick to your face like a (slightly creepy looking) second skin. Place the mask carefully and really spend some time smoothing it down. The closer the fit, the more your face will absorb.
- Don’t leave it on for too long. Leaving it on for longer than the instructed time can result in the mask drying up and then sucking moisture back out of your skin, rather than putting it in. This is not the look we are going for.
- If there’s any excess residue left, pat it in. You might find that after you remove your mask, some of the juice may be left on your face. Instead of wiping it off, gently pat it in until it’s completely absorbed, leaving you with skin that your 16-year old self would be envious of.