What is self care, and why is it good for me?
From bloggers offering advice to your cousin justifying yet ANOTHER new eyeshadow palette, the term ‘self care’ seems to be on everyone's lips, doesn't it? But it's not just an excuse to treat yourself (well, not always...). Simply put, self care is the act of taking care of yourself, by yourself. It's as straightforward as that!
Think about all those little things you cherish in life. Sitting down at the end of a long day with your favourite book and a hot cup of tea? That's self care. Taking a minute to enjoy the gooey ooze of a freshly baked chocolate brownie? That's self care. Skipping after-work drinks because you fancy a night on the sofa instead? You guessed it – self care!
If you're reading this and thinking 'ha! I don't have time for all that!', then trust us, you're not on your own. But why not join the 72% of millennial women who are making self care their priority this year? Just a few simple acts, focusing on what YOU really need, are proven to help you lead a healthier, happier, and more fulfilling life. You deserve to feel good!
Self care ideas for a healthy mind, body and soul
- Take a hot bubble bath. We all know there's nothing a good face mask can't fix (no, really – from a stressful day to solving world peace, face masks are the answer!) so make sure you've got one to hand. We love the Spa at Home Kit by Beauty Pro, which includes three luxury sheet masks – perfect for an evening of relaxation.
- Go on a 'social media cleanse'. Turn off your phone, put your laptop away, and spend some quality time without the distraction of your phone.
- Do something nice for someone else. Why not give a gift to help them practice self care too, like the Revival Kit by Barber Pro or this adorable Kawaii Bunny Headband?
- Write down how you're feeling. Sit down with a pen and paper and let your thoughts, hopes, dreams and emotions spill out onto the page.
- Give yourself a proper manicure. Groomed nails in your favourite colour will make you look and feel your best for days! Make sure your tools are up to the job with matching Nail Scissors, Nail Clippers and Emery Boards from Yes Studio.